Supported DAW hosts
We always recommend installing the trial version before purchasing any Cradle products, to ensure compatibility with your setup.
Cradle has internally tested and officially supports the following DAWs:
- Ableton Live 11
- Cubase 11
- FL Studio 20
- Logic Pro 10
- Pro Tools 2021
If you're using a DAW other than those listed above, or an older version of a supported DAW, and are experiencing any issues with your Cradle product(s), please let us know. We'll do our best to investigate and resolve any issues you encounter, but other than the list above, we cannot guarantee complete support for any other hosts.
Known compatibility issues
Pro Tools 2021 - The God Particle instantiation crash
- The God Particle requires Pro Tools v2021.12 and above to run successfully on macOS Monterey, due to compatibility issues between earlier versions of Pro Tools and macOS Monterey. Users running any version of Pro Tools earlier than 2021.12 on macOS Monterey are likely to experience crashes when attempting to instantiate The God Particle.
Ableton Live 10 - VST3 support
- Cradle officially supports products running in Ableton Live 11. If you wish to attempt to run a Cradle product as a VST3 in Ableton Live 10, you will require Live v10.1 (or above), which was first version of Ableton Live to introduce VST3 support. Cradle products are not compatible with Ableton Live 10.0 or previous versions.
Native Instruments Maschine 2
- Cradle products are known to crash Maschine 2 standalone app on macOS and Windows. We are currently investigating this issue to determine the cause of the crash.
- We are aware of some compatibility issues with Magix DAW software that can lead to high CPU usage and crackles/dropouts with our products. We're in contact with the Magix team to investigate these issues.
- We are aware of an existing incompatibility between Pyramix and The God Particle that prevents audio from passing through the VST3 plug-in successfully. There is no known workaround at present.
Not all DAWs support VST3
Our products are delivered as VST3, AU (macOS only) and AAX plug-ins. We recommend checking with your DAW's support team if you're unsure of their level of VST3 support, and that you try the trial version of any Cradle product before purchasing to ensure compatibility.